Revision 654402(Back to digest)
Features in KDE Base
* Use kdelibs facilities to check for compositing support
* Initial draft of dialogs to manage sessions
- SessionTypeDialog lists available session types and allows the user to trigger creation, editing or removal of a type.
- EditSessionDialog allows the user to edit an individual session type.
* Remove access to the old KDE 3 preferences dialog
* Began a re-write of the Konsole part, the intention is to avoid the duplication of code between the part and the main application which occurred in KDE 3 and also to make more of the functionality from the main application available to the part's clients.
* Implement the history size dialog
* Implement SSH bookmarks
* Implement Bookmark Tabs as Folders
* Allow the user to choose which sessions are shown in the 'File' menu
* Implement 'background mode'. When Konsole is started in this mode (by running "konsole --background-mode") it creates a new session in the background which can be displayed or hidden at any time by pressing F12. Idea taken from Yakuake.
* Use tab bar rather than a tab widget for the view container by default, removes the frame around the terminal display, this does not look correct if you are using the ported-from-3.5 KDE "Plastik" style in KDE 4.
Qt's very-similar-looking Platique style produces the desired results.
* Fixed two spectacular memory leaks.
* Add option to split the view left/right ( in addition to top/bottom ) and allow more than two views open at once. Dividing the view into a grid ( aka. "recursive splitting" ) is not yet supported.
* Add menu options to Close Active View and Close Others ( which closes
all views except the active one )
// Behind the scenes stuff
* Rewrote color scheme code
ColorSchema -> ColorScheme
ColorSchemaList -> replaced with global ColorSchemeManager
KDE 4 INI-format color schemes are used if available with fallback to the KDE 3
.schema files otherwise.
* Some more Qt 3 -> 4 porting:
Q3TextEdit -> QTextEdit
Q3IntDict<V> -> QHash<int,V>
Q3PtrList<T> -> QList<T*>
* Various adjustments to resource loading so that the various
*Manager classes can find their resources when being used in an application other than Konsole ( eg. when being used in a part )
* Change access to singleton managers, the *Manager classes now have an instance() method to access the global instance and a setInstance() method which is called by the Application or KPart constructor to create the manager initially.
* Remove all references to MainWindow from the ViewManager and move the relevant code to the MainWindow class itself.